HOW TO PAIR YOUR HOLIDAY DRESS WITH THE PERFECT LIPSTICK
Pulling together the ultimate after-dark ensemble is no easy feat. Your lipstick choice requires careful consideration. Okay, so it isn’t rocket science, but an on-point pout can totally make an outfit. To take all the guesswork out of the equation (so you can get out the door and on to the good stuff), we’ve put together 11 flawless dress and lipstick pairings that have you covered for every occasion.
- Zara Flowing Frilly Floral Dress + Tom Ford Lip Color in Smoke Red: A little bit sweet, a little bit sassy is exactly how we like it. Team this dramatic duo with fishnets and pointed-toe ankle boots for an after-hours look that straight-up slays.
2. Topshop Drape Front Midi Dress + Giorgio Armani Beauty Lip Maestro in 500: To say this emerald stunner is stunning would be an understatement. Amp up the va-va-voom factor with silver pumps, sleek drop earrings and a dramatic smokey eye. Siren red lips can easily take your look over the top with a dress this bold, so pair it with a pretty pink lip to achieve a sophisticated aesthetic.
3. H&M Satin Dress With Lace + Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Crème Lipstick in Boy Gorgeous 222: Put that LBD back in the closet and embrace a pretty-in-pink ensemble for an upcoming dinner date with bae. Play with proportion by pairing a slinky slip dress with a dramatic faux fur topper, then round out the look with ballet-beautiful lace-up heels and a swipe of berry lipstick.
4. Zara Contrast Sparkly Dress + Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Dusty Rose: This fanciful frock was practically made for sipping Champagne and shakin’ it out on the dance floor, which is good news for your jam-packed holiday schedule. For an impactful look, pair it with a classic red pout, or if you’re playing up your minimalist side, opt for a muted shade of dusty rose for an au naturale glow.
5. Mango Off-Shoulder Dress + Kjaer Weis Adore Lipstick: A little color coordination never hurt anyone — and in this case, it’s a straight shot to obtaining street-style-star status. The only thing missing from this winning combination? Sculptural kicks and a modern geo clutch.