If you’re itching to start recreating this year's biggest trends, the eight looks below are where you’ll want to turn. From sleek leather jackets to painterly pastels, you can recreate these top runway trends with pieces you already own.
1. All Red Everything: We feel those fiery vibes. Red — in all of its various forms — is a classic color and it is out en force for 2017. Designer Teatum Jones turns up the heat on the attention-grabbing hue by styling head-to-toe getups with undeniable girlboss flair. You can easily recreate the look by grabbing all of your red garb (bonus points for pattern play) and styling them into a bold monochromatic ensemble. We dare you.
2. Corduroy: Looks featuring corduroy just might be the next big thing in boho. It's Etro’s vibrant printed jackets and color-block trousers that really grabbed our attention. Tap into the trend by styling a favorite corduroy skirt or pants with a statement jacquard jacket and asymmetric earrings.
3. Pretty Pastels: With designers putting materials such as suede and velvet at the center of their collections, it was only a matter of time before pastels became a staple. The forces behind the transition? Milan mainstays Salvatore Ferragamo. To keep the look feeling seasonally appropriate, layering (think: turtlenecks and slip dresses) is essential.
4. Silver: Sequins by day can feel a bit over-the-top, but when it comes to daytime metallics, our motto is more is more. Balenciaga encourages you to keep your love affair with high-shine separates alive straight through to next season, where your arsenal of silvery skirts, ankle boots, and blouses will feel right on cue. Shine on, girl!
5. Pinstripes: For the first time in a long time, statement stripes — brace yourselves — aren’t one of the top trends. Instead, it's pinstripes — their understated and business-like counterparts that have slowly been infiltrating your closet — that ruled supreme. The proof? Just check the Issey Miyake runways. Give yours a touch of runway appeal by pairing with a bright turtleneck, statement baubles, and v-shaped slingbacks for a getup that will take you from the boardroom to the bar like it’s nada.
6. Sheer Style: Sheer dresses will continue to trend, according to Blugirl. This is good news for that flowery number you just scooped up. Keep the piece feeling fresh from season to season with elevated extras such as statement belts, embroidered ankle boots, and sculptural earrings.
7. Forever Leather: As if you needed yet another reason to bust out your leather jacket (you practically live in that thing, girl). In true French girl fashion, Paris Fashion Week designer Stella McCartney embraced the fashion staple like whoa. Even if you don’t have a leather trench or blazer kickin’ around in your closet, you can totally get in on the trend by rocking a tried-and-true biker jacket with a semi-sheer blouse, tailored trousers, and sleek pumps.
8. Power Sleeves: Every It-girl and their mother has been doing the statement sleeve thing for ages, so it’s likely that at least one look-at-me option has made its way into your wardrobe. Don’t pack ’em up just yet. If Edeline Lee have anything to say about it, you’ll be sporting these over-the-top tops straight through 2018 — a prospect we’re totally okay with. Take the trend along to the office by slipping a blouse with bold cuffs under a tailored blazer for an unapologetically chic outfit.